If you are in the market for a wireless security camera system to add an extra layer of protection to your home or business, you are probably overwhelmed with choices. There is a truly dizzying array of options, and features to choose from. Everything from motion activated recording, to cutting-edge night vision capable models are available. Sorting through them all can be quite daunting. Fortunately, we have done most of the hard work and have compiled a list of models that are simple to install and operate, and most importantly offer the features that will keep you safe.
The 5 Most Popular Wireless Security Cameras
- 【Limited Time Deal】: Buy this Wireless Security System (4 pack) now to get Free Zmodo Wi-Fi extender + 4 Pack Door Sensors(ASIN B01IT8MS0E)! No promo code needed, take the deal simply by adding both this Wireless Security System (4 pack) and the Wi-Fi extender + 4 Pack Door Sensors bundle to your cart and proceed to checkout. The deal ends on 10/22/17.
- 【Easy and Quick Setup】: Zink. Power on the camera and download Zmodo app from Google Store or Apple Store, one click to complete the network configuration without additional setup. Connectivity: IP/Network-2.4GHz Wireless (Incompatible with 5GHz). 3-year warranty, including 60-day of return for refund warranty. Lifetime US-based tech support.
- 【Always Stay Connected】: Seamlessly stream video remotely via the mobile Zmodo app for iOS and Android or via Internet browser on user.zmodo.com anywhere anytime. Receive intelligent motion alerts on your mobile phone when motions detected. Playback motion videos to check for the missed moments. Improved motion detection enables you to set a motion detection zone on the area you care about .
- 【IR Night Vision】: Equipped with infrared lights and IR cut, the camera can automatically switch to black and white night vision view when in the dark to ensure you a crystal view. The night vision sensitivity is adjustable. You can share the device to your family and your friends on the app to enjoy the happy moments in your house.
- 【Zmodo Cloud Service】: Motion alert clips are saved in the cloud for 36 hours for free. All users are also eligible for a 30-day free trial of our 7 day cloud recording plan. Paid cloud recording plans for storing 24/7 footage are available in 7 and 30 day plans. With the plan, you can review, save, and share footage at any time, and reduce false alerts with cloud intelligence.
- 4 Channel HD Wireless Security Camera System for Villa, Home, Office, Shop, Warehouse or elsewhere(Indoor/ Outdoor). 1TB Hard Drive Pre-installed. Please Note that this is not Battery Powered Cameras. Wireless Camera System Doesn't Mean You can Use it without Any Cables. Power Supply still Needed to Power on the Cameras and NVR (Smonet doesn't Take Charge of Installation). Powered by Stable Power from nearby Outlets, 24x7 hours Live Surveillance.
- Wireless Surveillance Camera System Allows you to View the Live Video Remotely Anytime and Anywhere by Phone and Pad(Available for Android & IOS system, not Windows Users). Download Free APP "IP PRO" or "Eseecloud" from Android Google Play or Apple APP Store. Register an New Account, then Add Device ID. You can View the Video by WiFi or 2G/3G/4G Network. PC/Laptop View: Windows System: CMS Software. MAC system: MAC CMS Software.(Please Send E-mail to Smonet for Software)
- Wireless IP Camera System Supports Sync-playback, Video Backup and Video detection. You can Receive Email Alerts upon Motion Detection or App Alert When Set it Up (Noted: Please Set it Up Properly to Avoid Email Blast). Simply Record and Playback On Your Mobile Devices. Seamlessly Stream Video Directly to your Smartphone, Tablet and PC. Keep an Eye on Your Belongings Anywhere and Anytime.
- Wireless Video Security System is Easy to Setup and DIY Installation without any Video Cables. True Plug and Play. Connect the NVR and Cameras with Power Supply Provided. Connect the Mouse to NVR. Connect PC/TV monitor to NVR with a VGA/HDMI Cable. Connect the Router LAN Port to NVR WAN Port with Network Cable Provided. The Video will Show Up. The System builds a more Powerful Wireless Signal Coverage and Make the Connection Quick and Easy. Working without Disturbing your Regular Internet Speed.
- 1 Year Warranty and Lifetime Free Technical Support. Provide Free Brand-new Parts for Replacement. Provide Free 10db Antenna and 10/16/30 Feet Power Extension Cable. US Toll Free: 1-866-678-0666(Available after 5:00 PM at Pacific Time). Night Vision: 65ft (20m). Continuous Day/Night Surveillance is Accomplished by IR-CUT Smart System, Powerful IR-LED for Night Vision. Getting a Crystal Clear Picture, Even in Total Darkness. IP66 Weatherproof Cameras.
- Full HD High Resolution 960P(1280x960) Network IP Camera for Excellent Video Quality and Clarity.two wifi antennas, the wireless can cover 1000ft in open area, up to 200ft with obstacles(one wall).
- Setup easy.Plug & Play:NVR Auto Pair cameras with wireless.The camera is Metal IP66 Weatherproof,use in outdoor/indoor, comfortable home,office,shop,hotel,business.
- Free App for Live View & Playback on Smart Devices with WiFi or 2G/3G/4G Anywhere Anytime.Smart Phone Support: iPhone, Android ,Ipad.
- System support Mortion detection and Email Alarm. No HDD inside.
- This system Support Max 8pcs cameras Extend.You just buy OOSSXX Camera and Pair to NVR System will Extend.
- 【Limited Time Deal】: Buy this wireless security kit now to get Zmodo Wi-Fi extender + 4 Pack Door Sensors (ASIN B01IT8MS0E) for FREE! No promo code needed, take the deal simply by adding both this wireless security kit and the Wi-Fi extender + 4 Pack Door Sensors bundle to your cart and proceed to checkout. The deal ends on 10/24/17.
- 【Easy Installation & Setup】: No more running cables from cameras to NVR, or from cameras to router. Just plug the wireless security cameras into nearby power outlets, download free Zmodo app, and follow the in-app instructions to setup the wireless security system.
- 【Motion Video Clips】: Instead of getting just pictures when motion is detected, you will receive motion video clips in Zmodo app. Motion clips are saved to Zmodo cloud for 36 hours for free. Zmodo app also allows you to customize motion detection area and schedule time for notifications so that you can focus on things that are truly important!
- 【Remote & Local Playback】: Video footage is saved to the pre-installed hard disk, allowing you to playback both locally on your monitors or remotely on your smart devices, while video footage can also be saved to Zmodo cloud if you subscribed to it. Cloud playback serves as a secure backup for incidents that your NVR was stolen.
- 【Intelligent Recording】: Zmodo NVR uses the latest technology to optimize the storage capacity, recording at fewer frames per second when no motion is detected and at max during motion. Intelligent Recording can save up to 80% of your storage, so for a 1TB hard disk, NVR can record up to 90 days for 8 cameras. With HDMI port, you can view all the cameras live on your HDTV/Monitor at the same time.
- All-in-one 4CH Wireless HD System with built-in 10.1" Monitor with 2TB Hard Drive.
- True Plug & Play with Auto-Pair Technology - Just Plug the Power
- Dedicated Wi-Fi Module for Safer & More Reliable Connection / Free Power Extension is Included for Easy Installation.
- Wireless Cameras with Bigger Antenna Increases the Signal Strength & Distance.
- No #1 U.S. Brand Wireless System! / 1 Year Warranty for US Customers / Headquarter located in California
Last update on 2017-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
There are many critical features to consider when buying a home security camera system. Learn about the most important ones below.
Wired or Wireless – People often assume that wireless home security camera systems are the best, but that isn’t always the case. It’s definitely nice to be able to avoid the tangle of wires that usually goes along with wired systems, but setting up a wireless system isn’t always easy. If you’re going to go the wireless route, be sure to have a professional come in and install it for you. In the case of a wired system, a professional can set things up so that there aren’t unsightly wires running all over the place.
Black and White or Color – This choice usually comes down to pricing. Full-color home security camera systems cost significantly more than black-and-white systems. It’s nice to have the detail that goes along with full-color systems, but the price may far exceed your budget. Black-and-white cameras are more than sufficient for most homes.
Night Vision – If your primary concern is outdoor surveillance, it is extremely worthwhile to invest in a home security camera system that has night vision. That’s especially true if the outside of your home is extremely dark and you need to be able to keep an eye on a vast area in front of or behind your home. Night vision technology is better than ever. It is also becoming much more affordable. Be sure to look into this feature when shopping for a home security camera system.
Motion and Sound Detection – One thing you don’t want to do is buy a system that is continually recording. That is overkill for just about any residential situation. Luckily, there are top-notch home security camera systems out there that strictly record when sound or motion is detected. The best ones are able to detect motion from as much as 25 feet away, so keep that in mind while shopping for your system. You will find that systems that detect sound too are a little more expensive. In many cases, the extra expense is worth it.
Notifications – The best home camera security systems don’t just emit audible alarms when motion or sound is detected. They are also capable of alerting you when you’re away from the premises. Some systems will send you emails when a recording is triggered. Others will send you a text message. Be sure to consider this option when shopping for a home camera security system because it can dramatically enhance its usefulness.
By keeping the preceding points in mind, you will be able to narrow down your search and have an easier time finding the right home security camera system. Don’t buy a system without checking out online reviews about it first too. User reviews can be absolutely invaluable in this type of situation. Check out professional reviews as well. This system is supposed to protect your home, family and belongings. It is well worth it to put in a little extra time to perform this type of research. In the end, you will be able to invest in a system that will dramatically enhance the security of your home.