Driveway alarms are a cost-effective solution for homeowners dealing with the problem of unannounced guests on their property, as well as the real security threat posed by criminals and trespassers. There is nothing quite as unsettling as being caught by surprise by an unexpected visitor to your home. However, by investing in the right driveway alarm model for your particular situation and with strategic installation, you can have advanced notice the instant anyone walks, or drives onto your property.
The 5 Most Popular Driveway Alarms
- EXTREMELY DEPENDABLE - Two years of testing went into developing a reliable motion detector that will dependably alert you to motion around your property. Tested through thick forestry, hail storms, gusty winds, heavy rains, scorching heat, and snow. False alarms are minimized due to an adjustable detection width option for the sensor "eye" and a swivel mount to focus the detection angle of the sensor.
- SUPER EASY TO INSTALL- Quick Start Guide has you operational in minutes! Set includes one sensor & one receiver. Expandable up to 16 sensors and unlimited receivers for complete coverage of your perimeter. Over 30 fun & unique chimes to choose from. Match different chimes with different sensors around your property to differentiate where motion is being detected. Detects movement from humans, cars, and large animals.
- REALISTIC RANGE- 500 ft long range has been tested in real world settings with trees, buildings, walls, and vehicles in order to make true and realistic wireless range claims (please note: extra heavy interference such as thick walls, metal siding, tall hills, and many trees will diminish the wireless range. The 1/4 mile long range Guardline driveway alarm model is available for longer range and heavy interference installations).
- BUILT TO LAST- Outdoor sensor is made with industrial grade PVC housing, rubberized weather resistant seal, and a sunshade. Wireless sensor can be installed anywhere and runs on (4) AA batteries for up to one year. Receiver is packed with features including LOUD & adjustable volume, battery backup, and a 12-volt relay to add wired external alarms.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY & AWESOME SUPPORT- Guardline Security is a Seattle-based small business that has been manufacturing security products since 1999. We are local guys who are driveway alarm geeks and we're obsessed with building reliable, quality products. We offer friendly and knowledgeable USA based tech support that will help you both before and after your purchase.
- Set includes one base receiver and one sensor (ability to additional CWPIR sensors-Sold Separately)
- Passive infrared (PIR) sensor is weatherproof and detects motion up to 30ft away and features adjustable sensitivity
- Base receiver detects signals from sensors up to a 1/2 mile away (in ideal situations)
- Unique sound and light pattern on the base unit identifies which sensor has been triggered
- Easy to install, no wiring required. Base units uses AA batteries or included AC adapter; NOTE: Check User Manual in Technical Specification before use
- Reliable Range - Communication range of up to 100m/328ft (the distance from the sensors to the receiver/alarm/chime) and detection range of the infrared sensor of approximately 5-8m/16-26ft to keep you informed and safe.
- User-Friendly - The alarm in the receiver has a ring volume up to 100dB, 3 mode choices (Sound/LED Flash/Sound and LED Flash) and 3 alert choices (High Volume Chime/Low Volume Chime/Alarm).
- Dependable Technology - Our sensor uses a state-of-the-art passive-infrared (PIR) to detect any movement within the detection zone. Perfect for long or hidden driveways to allow you just a little extra warning before guests (or intruders) arrive.
- Expandable - If you have more than one driveway or area you would like to monitor, you can expand this system with up to 50 additional sensors or multiple receivers.
- Power Supply - Both 3 x 1.5V type C batteries and the AC power adapter (not included) can be used for the receiver, but don't use them simultaneously in case the host would be burned.
- Instantly alerts you when someone pulls into or out of your driveway
- The outdoor electromagnetic sensor only detects vehicles; no false alarms due to animals, children, etc.
- Easy-to-install Electromagnetic Sensor Wand is buried next to your driveway, and detects mass metal moving within a 3-12 ft. radius of the wand.
- When a vehicle passes by the sensor, an outdoor transmitter communicates wirelessly to an internal base station up to 400 ft. away and sounds a pleasant chime
- Ideal for home and business
- Easy, Fast, Wire Free Installation: Infrared sensor detects motion and sends a signal to the receiver. Chose from 38 Ringtones with Bright LED Light. Sensor is wall mountable.
- Wireless Plug-in Receiver: The portable wireless plug-in receiver plugs into any standard outlet. The sensor uses 3 AAA batteries (Not Included). Detection time delay in between motion sensor alerts is configurable from 15 seconds to 30 seconds, just place the sensor at the entrance to your driveway and the receiver inside your home.
- Working Range up to 328 feet (100 meters) between receiver and transmitter allowing you to place it a good distance from the receiver to warn you of arrival and departure of family members, unwanted guests or solicitors, or anyone who visits your home or business
- Ideal for front doors, window frames, driveways, walking paths, and anywhere in your home you want to be alerted to motion. Also great to alert business owners that are working in the back, or out of sight, to customers entering their store.
- Note: Includes 2 plug-in receiver unit and 1 motion sensors requiring 3x AAA batteries (Not Included). Receiver size: 3.14" L x 2.99" W x 1.29" H (80 x 76 x 33mm) Sensor Size: 3.14" L x 2.32" W x 1.77" H (80 x 59 x 45mm)
Last update on 2017-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
When shopping for your Driveway Alarm, there are certain features you shouldn’t compromise. The level of sensitivity is one of them. The purpose of the alarm is to alert you when a vehicle or a person is passing down your driveway. If the device is too sensitive, it could ring at the slightest moving bush or animal that passes. There is nothing quite as annoying than walking to your door to greet a guest only to find nothing but the wind. If possible, read any reviews available on your potential alarm. If it is within your budget, spend a little extra for a system with a sensitivity adjustment. Avoiding false alarms may be worth the extra cost.
If you’re considering having more than one wireless alarm (indoor or outdoor), having more than one channel is a feature your system must have. Many models have two channels. The amount you may need depends on the number of alarms attached to the receiver.
Since your wireless alarm is going to be exposed to the elements, be sure it’s water resistant. If you live in a climate that experiences very hot summers or frigid winters, the battery life is something you must take into consideration. Extreme weather can wreak havoc on batteries, draining their life faster. A solar system might be something to consider. In areas where with more cloud coverage, solar driveway alarms might not be suitable. Consider your needs prior to your purchase.
A wireless alarm is only good if it can detect and alert you to vehicles or people within a proper range. There is no sense in spending your hard earned money on a device that can only detect 1 out of 3 vehicles or detect a vehicle only if it is within a foot of the transmitter. Your typical detection radius can be anywhere between 3-12 ft. and more. Choose depending upon your needs, but consider that a transmitter mounted on a tree will require a greater range than a transmitter staked alongside your driveway.
It just might be the most important feature to consider when purchasing a driveway alarm, but it is also one of the most overlooked. First, consider where your transmitter is going to go on your driveway. After you have an idea of the location, think about where you would like the receiver. Whether it’s in the living room, kitchen or even your bedroom, it is a matter of preference. What’s important is whether the transmitter will reach. The range of the wireless receiver is a valuable feature that you really should consider before making your purchase. Most models have an average range of 400ft. Depending on where you would like to have your transmitter and receiver, this may or may not work for you.
Once you know what you need, the buying process for wireless driveway alarms, the buying process becomes that much easier. Just remember to focus on what’s important to you and what’s an absolute necessity. If you do that, you’ll end up with an alarm that works for you.